Saturday, June 30, 2012

Contemplation Wonderation

As I lay in my bed this fine morning, I contemplate how lucky I am. I live in a country where I am free to read my bible, free to speak against the president, and safe to go to sleep at night because soldiers are risking their lives for my safety. Next week I leave for almost two weeks to go to California and Pacific City. Many others are blessed, but still find time to complain about their children or how their house is the wrong color and their dog ate some "people food". Do they not realize that thousands of couples would kill to have the child that is being complained about? Or that the person living under the bridge would live to have a house, no matter the color? Or that the person going to the soup kitchen with their skinny dog only dreams of being able to first of all have people food and second of all have extra that the dog stole? We are quite lucky as a nation, and the amount of complaining that we do is obscure. I know that for my, my focus in life isn't on Jesus. That's a problem. Maybe I can focus of Jesus and what I do have instead of what I don't have.

No comments:

Post a Comment